Update Regarding Coronavirus
Dear Greene Towne families: I wanted to let you know how we are keeping informed about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact. We are part of Philadelphia’s Health Alert Network via the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, which provides updates and the latest developments, and we are closely following advisories from the Centers […]
Dear Greene Towne families:
I wanted to let you know how we are keeping informed about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact. We are part of Philadelphia’s Health Alert Network via the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, which provides updates and the latest developments, and we are closely following advisories from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. We are preparing for contingency plans as a school, if our risk rises to a level where additional action is necessary.
As you know, our school community as a whole takes precautions for avoiding the spread of infection. Here are some of the best practices to follow in order to avoid spreading any infection, including the Influenza virus:
- If your child is sick or exhibiting contagious symptoms such as fever, coughing/sneezing, or shortness of breath, please keep them home from school to avoid spreading illness. Children should be fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Encourage everyone to practice good hand-washing and cold-prevention skills: Wash hands carefully and frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Cough or sneeze into elbows. Avoid coughing or sneezing into hands, which are more likely to spread bacteria and the flu virus through touch. When using tissues, dispose of used tissues immediately and wash hands.
- Limit touching your face and mouth with bare hands.
- Avoid contact with anyone exhibiting cold-like symptoms. Encourage those who are sick to stay home and limit contact with others.
- Ensure frequent cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces, such as door handles, sink faucets, computers, and personal phones. Please read individual labels for proper cleaning instructions.
- Consider getting the flu vaccine if you have not already, as Influenza is still active in our area.
Any school family with a family member who has either visited or been in contact with visitors from a coronavirus quarantined area or an area with quarantined individuals or confirmed cases, are asked to keep their child at home under self-quarantine and only return to school with the written approval of a doctor.
I will keep our community well informed and will provide you with updates about this situation and any potential changes to our schedule. More information about this specific coronavirus from the CDC can be found here, and an infographic from the School District of Philadelphia here.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Head of School
The more we get together… January 2023 – Ms Katie and Miss Kat’s classRead More
January Blog (Desiree McNeill)Read More
January 2023 Sistrunk ClassroomRead More
Ms. Michelle: January 2023Read More
Classic Montessori Minute Video: Learning ExplosionsRead More