Toddler ADM: April 2021
Hello Everyone, April came and went by so quickly. In the wake of spring time, we put out more challenging work and the children have gravitated towards every bit of it! We have also been grateful for the warm weather and even the raindrops. See you later April! Check out the information below, as well as […]
April came and went by so quickly. In the wake of spring time, we put out more challenging work and the children have gravitated towards every bit of it! We have also been grateful for the warm weather and even the raindrops. See you later April! Check out the information below, as well as the pictures to see what has happened and what is to come.
Toddler Discipline and Limit Setting: Parent Book Recommendations
- “1, 2, 3 Magic” by Thomas W. Phelan
- “Toddler Discipline at Every Age and Stage” by Aubrey Hagis
- “Positive Discipline: The First Three Years” by Jane Nelson
Songs and Books in the Classroom
You have probably been hearing some new tunes being sung around your house. During Circle Time, a teacher plays the song while turning the pages of the book, and the children love it. Check out our latest list below:
- “Kitty Alone” by John M. Feierabend and Mina Echevarria
- “Sweet Child o’Mine” by Guns N’ Roses and Jennifer Zivoin
- “Sunshine On My Shoulders” by John Denver and Christopher Canyon
- “With A Little Help From My Friends” by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Henry Cole
Virtual Live Auction
The children were so excited to make this year’s auction project, “Dinosaur Rap,” and we cannot wait for you to see the final product. Click here for more information on how to RSVP for the in-person Gallery Walk and Virtual Live Auction!
We celebrated Ramadan and discussed the meaning of kindess, and what it means to help others.
As part of Earth Week, we got to work with Ms. Erika. There were some special guests, too…worms! We even got to take home pea shoots, so we can plant them with our families.
Work, work, and more work!
Surprise Ms. Dominique! We wore our party clothes and danced the day away! We heard some cool phrases such as, “Happy Married” and “You Married Up!” Thanks for keeping the secret and helping to celebrate Ms. Dominique!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Saturday, May 15th: In-Person Auction Gallery Walk at 9am-3pm; May 16th (rain date)
Friday, May 21st: Virtual Live Auction at 8pm-10pm
- Friday, May 28th: Crazy Hair Day! ; Professional Development; ALL GTMS DISMISSED AT 11:45am
- Monday, May 31st: Memorial Day; ALL GTMS CLOSED
Happy Hair Day is Next Week!Read More
Auction 101Read More
It’s finally here! Tomorrow night is our 36th Annual Auction “Every Little Thing is Going to Be All Right”!Read More
The Earth Goes Around The Sun (tra-la-la) Springtime! Mrs. Brown and Miss KatRead More
April Blog (Desiree McNeill)Read More