Greene Towne Testing Reminders
Greene Towne will be hosting a rapid antigen testing event for our students on Sunday, November 28. However, we are calling on all families to continue to follow our health and safety protocols at all times. If your family is traveling and/or gathering with people who are not in your regular family circle, we ask […]
Greene Towne will be hosting a rapid antigen testing event for our students on Sunday, November 28. However, we are calling on all families to continue to follow our health and safety protocols at all times. If your family is traveling and/or gathering with people who are not in your regular family circle, we ask that you make arrangements for your own testing and quarantine per current CDC guidelines and in keeping with our current policies. While we are making antigen testing available, PCR testing remains the preferred testing method. If families are able to schedule PCR testing on their own prior to the return to school, that would be the best safeguard. Families will be required to share test results via upload to myGTMS. You will soon find space for this on your Family Fact Sheet, which is in the Parents module.
Greene Towne is requiring a negative COVID-19 test result for all students upon return to school from the Thanksgiving vacation.
Please register today if you are planning to take part in the rapid antigen testing event on Nov. 28, 2021.
- All testing is taking place at Greene Towne’s North Campus, 311 N. 19th Street.
- Registration is required, and signups are linked below with the corresponding date. Signups can also be found on your MyGTMS dashboard under Parent SignUps & Volunteer Opportunities.
- Test dates are: ○ Sunday, November 28 ○ Sunday, January 2 ○ Sunday, April 3
- Parents will administer the lower nasal swab for their children with Greene Towne staff guidance.
- We will be using BinaxNOW test kits.
- Test results take about 15 minutes to process.
- Any positive result will require self-isolating and follow up PCR testing, arranged by the family.
- Each classroom will have an assigned time for testing. Current Greene Towne siblings can be scheduled together at one time.
- Parents will need to show their vaccination card and fill out a health screening form to enter school.
Families may choose to get their child tested (rapid antigen or PCR) via an at-home kit, their pediatrician or hospital. All tests should be timed to be 3-5 days after any traveling or gatherings with people from outside of your regular family routine.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Head of School
The Earth Goes Around The Sun (tra-la-la) Springtime! Mrs. Brown and Miss KatRead More
April Blog (Desiree McNeill)Read More
April 2022-Sistrunk ClassroomRead More
Spring in Mr. Och’s ClassRead More
EITC/OSTC Renewal Date: May 16Read More